Importer of Record (IOR)
The importer of record is the entity responsible for:
- Making sure that imported goods are compliant with local laws and regulations
- Completing the required documents such as the Customs declaration and other related documents
- Payment of the duties, Customs fees, VAT and other applicable taxes
- Because Import regulations vary from country to country and the regulatory environment of Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and other CIS states is diverse and complex, the IOR may often have more responsibilities than in other jurisdictions.
We offer compliant, affordable solutions for businesses looking to import goods into our region but who do not have a direct presence; through NH Logistics you can import your products and provide after sales support service to your clients in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Moldova.
Services offered as an Importer of Record:
- Compliance assessments
- Importer of record for Customs and tax declarations at the time of import
- Exporter of record for Customs declarations at the time of export
- When necessary, reporting activities to Customs, tax and other state agencies. NH Logistics takes full responsibility for legal compliance
- NH Logistics will obtain the required import license and permits
- We maintain records for the minimum duration required by local law
- NH Logistics ensures full payment of all duties, fees and other taxes
- Our company provides storage facilities and last mile delivery if required by customer.
Exporter of Record (EOR)
Essentially, the Exporter of Record is responsible for ensuring appropriate exports from the origin country to foreign destinations like Russia, etc. An Exporter of Record (EOR) is an important part of a company’s trade compliance plan. It ensures that all shipments leaving the e.g. the United States comply with export regulations.