Georgia-Israel trade turnover in 2022 amounted to $38,487 million. In 2022, export-import soared by 22.8% compared to 2021.
It is worth mentioning that negotiations on a free trade agreement between the two countries are planned to start from 2024. Georgia-Israel started working on signing the agreement back in 2018.
The statistics show that last year exports accounyted for more than half of the trade turnover. In 2022, goods worth $22 million were exported from Georgia to Israel that is 5.7% more than in 2021.
TOP-10 export commodities are as foolows:
1. Mineral waters with added sugar, including carbonated ones – 7,020 tons worth $5 million;
2. Coffee, tea or mate extracts, essences and concentrates – 262 tons worth $ 2 million;
3. Non-denatured ethyl alcohol – 225 tons worth $ 2 million;
4. Equipment for transmitting radiotelephony, radio broadcasting and television – 3 tons worth $ 2 million;
5. Mineral and fresh waters – 2 196 tons worth $ 1.5 million;
6. Plywood glued, wood veneered panels and similar materials – 497 tons worth $1.4 million;
7. Optical elements – 1.1 million dollars, 1 ton;
8. Natural grape wines – 438 tons worth $1 million;
9. Aircraft parts – 4 tons worth $ 955 thousand;
10. Fruits and vegetables – 634 tons worth $ 842 thousand.
Except for the largest export commodities, instruments and equipment for medical or veterinary use, ready-made sauces, mustard, mechanical devices for dispersing or dispersing liquids or powders, oxides of manganese, parts for television and radio equipment, motorcycles and bicycles, with carriages or without it; carts, stonework, beer and a small amount of other goods were exported to Israel last year.
As for imports, last year goods worth $16,453 million were bought from Israel that is 56.8% more compared to 2021.
TOP-5 import commodities are as follows:
1. Telephone devices – $2.3 million;
2. Machines and mechanisms for harvesting agricultural crops – 66 tons worth $ 2.3 million;
3. Cosmetics or makeup and skin care products – 41 tons worth $1.4 million;
4. Surface-active organic substances; Washing and cleaning products – 527 tons worth $1.1 million;
5. Tiles, sheets from other polymer materials – 139 tons worth $ 519 thousand.
From Israel, Georgia purchased in small quantities hair products, electric machines, stone or other mineral products, clothes, shoe waxes and ointments, fruit and vegetable juices and other goods.
As per the official statistics, in the last 10 years, the trade between the countries hit record high in 2014 and stood at $46 million.